We didn’t get too crazy. We kept it low key which is what I needed. It was the first weekend I didn’t have a ton of things planned. So here’s how the weekend went…

I got to the train station early and hung out for a bit. I looked up and saw something that I couldn’t take my eyes off of. It was a woman in her late 40s to mid 50s with bleach blonde hair and dark roots about an inch long with a tan that rivals George Hamilton or any of the Gotti boys. If she were to have taken a seat on one of the big dark stained wood benches all I would have seen was hair, eyes and clothes. She was freakish. I tried to take a picture of her, but I couldn’t do it on the sly.

The train ride was uneventful. I got off the train, and my friends were there waiting for me and we headed over to Matador. We had some snacks, a couple of drinks and then we headed home. They have a great place. In a cool neighborhood. We got up the next morning and my friend introduced me to the best breakfast ever – it was a coffee stand where they served basically a waffle sandwich! It was amazing! We then headed down to pick up our race packets and off to the Saturday Market. The market was a lot of fun. The whole weekend was a lot of fun. After that we went to Knit-Purl. Dear god… that is an amazing store. The women there we all super nice and helpful and the yarns… so beautiful. But I made a deal with myself. I wouldn’t buy any yarn that I didn’t have a pattern for. So I didn’t get anything. After that we headed home and just hung out for a bit.

We headed over to one of many McMenamin’s to have a little grub. It was perfect. We just hung out and talked. Which is always fun. Then since the next day was race day, we headed home for a good night’s sleep.

We all got up the next morning and headed down to the convention center where the start of the race was. I think we had a pretty good race. My friend who’s not a fan of running was thinking we would finish in an hour – for a 5k. I kept telling her we’re going to be doing a 10 minute mile and we’ll be done in a half hour. We came close. We did an 11 minute mile. I’m going to try and talk her into doing another race… and possibly a half marathon next year!

After the race, we had to treat ourselves to a doughnut at Voo Doo Doughnuts. I got the maple bar with 2 strips of bacon on it. That was the best doughnut ever. It was so good that we had to go back home and nap for a couple of hours. After working off the doughnut with a nap we headed back downtown to Powell’s Books. I only got thru two rooms of this place. I bought a couple of books, both used. I got Domiknitrix and Grub and they were about $9 a piece. Seriously that’s awesome!

All in all it was a great weekend. I’m so happy I went to Portland. And I’m so happy that my friend’s are so happy. Oh… and on the train ride back – the tan lady was on the train with me. I almost dropped my soda on the floor!

One last thing – Our Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap Topic of the week #2!

Since some of us is beginning to see glimpse of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you change what projects are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you change yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

All the bulky stuff (other than a felted bag or other felting project) is tucked nice and neatly in the “I’ll start this when it starts to get cold again” pile.  Currently I’m working on Green Gables by Zephyr Style in Cascade Sierra.  A nice charcoal color.  After that I’ll be working on the Interlaken blanket as a super belated wedding present, in a Berrocco Comfort yarn.  And it’s in bright colors too so it will hopefully help speed us into warmer days!